Production of innovative dairy drinks based on co-products of cheese manufacturing
Current situation requiring improvements
- Whey, a by-product of cheese production, is not sufficiently exploited.
- Small producers need to generate revenue from whey. However, collection is difficult as they are often isolated
- Small producers cannot afford the installation of bottling lines needed to produce whey-based drinks.
Main activities in FAIRCHAIN
- Use whey to develop valuable products, in particular healthy whey-based drinks.
- Bring a zero-waste aspect to the distribution of fresh/room temperature liquid products.